Consider these when adding built-in furniture
Whether we’re talking about classic bookcases, a modern entertainment center or a window seat, these features always turn out to be equally eye-catching and functional. Next time you’re itching to take on a home improvement project, look no further. We even have 14 gorgeous built-in ideas to give you some inspiration. Built-ins are a coveted architectural feature for a reason. Though the finished product is nearly always worth the effort, the building and installation process can require a large investment of time and money. Here are a few considerations for you to keep in mind as you consider built-in ideas:
- Placement: This may sound self-explanatory, but it’s so important it warrants mentioning. Once your built-in is in place, you won’t be able to access the area behind it easily. Double check to make sure that you won’t be blocking any vents or doorways before installation so that you don’t run into problems later on.
- Shape: Yes, classically, these pieces are either rectangular or square. These days, however, people are thinking outside the box and giving their built-in furniture angles to create a more modern look.
- Storage Configuration: It’s best to have an idea of what you intend to store in the furniture before you get started with the building process. That way, you have a better idea of what type of storage is needed.
- Construction Method: Yes, there are ways to go DIY, but if it’s at all possible, we recommend hiring a contractor. Putting something new within an existing space can get tricky, especially when you have to work around the angles of the room. It’s worth it to have someone experienced at the helm.
- Architectural Details: Though the built-in furniture is going to be a new addition to your home, it shouldn’t feel that way. Make sure you (or your contractor) include a few architectural details that will help this piece blend in with the rest of your home. Ideally, it should look like it’s been there all along.
Inspiring built-in design ideas for your home..
Thanks for visiting William Lim’s site a Rancho Cucamonga’s best Realtor, if you need our service call 1.888.249.8949!